Trio Corporation was established in 1946 as the as the Kasuga Radio Co. Ltd.
In 1960 the firm was renamed “Trio Corporation” and located in Komagane City, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
In 1963 the first overseas office was founded in Trio, Los Angeles, California, USA.
In the early 1960s, The LaFayette Radio Company and RadioShack rebranded and sold Trio’s products.
In 1986 the corporation was renamed Kenwood Corporation.